Finavera focuses on identifying areas for early-stage wind project development to enhance its long-term wind project pipeline. By originating wind projects in Canada, United States and Ireland, the organization aims to build ongoing value for investors through high return and early-stage development.
There are many factors that need to be taken into account for wind power developers to determine if a site is viable for a wind farm. Finavera uses a set of criteria that is most commonly used in Canada, as well as many other parts of the world, including Ireland. The key factors when looking at potential development land are:
• Strong and consistent wind resource
• Proximity to available transmission lines
• Environmental and engineering constraints analysis
• Sufficient land area size and land access
• Market analysis of electricity purchase price
• Public and government acceptance of wind power